Children love to wear or roll up backpacks because it gives them a chance to carry their accessories on their own and as a loving parent it’s your responsibility you just have to choose a colorful bag to fulfill their demands.
However, when you are going to shopping for your kindergarten kids then first question that comes to your mind is that what should be the best size backpack for kindergarten kids?
So, if you are little confused about what is the best size backpack for your kindergarten kids then, in this article I will explain you to what size backpack will be best for your kindergarten kids?
Table of Contents
- 1 Do your Kindergarten Kids really Need Backpacks?
- 2 What is the good size backpack your child should carry?
- 3 Important feature you need to consider while buying Backpack for your kindergarten:
- 4 Conclusion:
Do your Kindergarten Kids really Need Backpacks?
Yes, because when your child starts kindergarten its necessary for parents to invest in a quality backpack that they will use to carry lunch boxes, water bottles, show and tell stuff, homework note books, activity books ,pencil ,eraser, toys and more.
Because best size backpack for kindergarten not only boost their self-confidence but also help them to carry their all required accessories to school and other places. At this stage rolling backpacks can be too annoying for kids. So, what is the perfect kindergarten backpacks size?
How to select the perfect kindergarten backpacks size?
The best way to select the kids backpack size is first you need to measure the size of your child and then find the backpack that fits on his back.
There are two things that you need to pay attention while you are determining the kids backpack size.
- Height of your kids back.
- Width of your kindergarten.
How you can measure the height?
Before you go to buy a backpack, measure the distance between your child’s shoulder line and waistline. The shoulder line lies between the neck and the tip of the shoulder, but there is a waistline around the hip bones. The backpack strap is on the shoulder line and on the waistline.
To make sure the full size school backpack fits your child’s back, add 2 inches to this height. Kids backpack size should not be longer than the kids back.
How you can measure the width?
There are many ways through which you can find the width of your kindergarten but the simplest way to measure the child width is to measure around the ridge of the scapula. Again, it’s okay to add an inch or two to this measurement.
But if you cannot find the height and width of your kids back then you can also use the average child back size for backpacks charts (see below) and adjusting as required.
Average child back size for backpacks
|Age (year)||Height (inches)||Width (inches)|
After measuring your child’s height and width, now it’s time to find what is the good size backpack your child should carry? Because heavy backpack can lead to neck stiffness, shoulder pain and back pain in children.
What is the good size backpack your child should carry?
There are different size of backpack which your child should carry according to its requirements, following are these:
- 15 to 20 litters kids backpack
- 21 to 30 litters kids backpack
- More than 30 litter’s kids back pack
1) Small Backpack – 15 to 20 litters:
This is the best size backpack for kindergarten or smaller child .They can use 15 to 20 litter backpack in their daily routine as well while they are going to play. School backpacks with a capacity of 15-20 liters are big enough. Although these backpacks are compact, they often come with additional compartments for storing calculators, pens, and keys, toys etc.
2) Medium backpack – 21 to 30 litters:
If your child make long school days with different subjects, on such days, you will soon carry more than you think. A 21-30 liter school backpack is suitable for this. This is the most common size for backpacks. The bag has plenty of space for school children. They are enough large and have many compartments to store all things which school children required but on the other hand it’s difficult to handle for small children.
3) Large backpacks – More than 30 litters:
These large backpacks are not best size backpack for kindergarten. So, we can say that it’s not best choice for kindergarten. But if older kids have folders, laptops, and very thick dictionaries In that case, a backpack larger than 31 liters is suitable.
So, if still you are finding difficult to choose best size backpack for kindergarten. Then you can calculate backpack weight by yourself by following formula.
How you can calculate backpack weight?
Here is the simplest formula by using it you can calculate the maximum kids backpack size and weight.
Max backpack weight= Child weight * 0.15
- A 50-pound child should carry up to 7.5 pounds.
- A 100 pound child should carry up to 15 pounds.
- A 150 pound child should carry up to 22.5 pound.
Also Read: Best soccer backpack with ball pocket
Important feature you need to consider while buying Backpack for your kindergarten:
kindergarten backpacks size not only the thing you need to consider while you are buying the backpacks for your kindergarten, but there are many other important factors that we need to consider when you are going to buy backpack for your kids, These factors are followings:
- Compartments: There should be 2 or multiple compartments in the kindergarten backpacks, because they can use these compartments to put their toys, books or lunch boxes. If they have multiple compartments in their backpacks the weight of all the material will be distributed equally and they will not feel pain in their shoulder or neck.
- Quality zipper: Quality zippers are also important for kid’s backpacks because you do not want your child fight with zippers problem.
- Padded shoulder straps: Padded shoulder strap should be there because its help your child to handle it even if his back pack carry much weight .Padded shoulder straps also distribute the back and ease the pressure on you neck and back.
- Lightweight back pack: You also need to buy the lightweight backpack so, backpack weight not included in your books and other accessories weight.
- Water Resistance: Always buy water resistant backpack for your kids that made up from synthetic material like nylon and polyester. That provide protection your kids backpack material in bad weather conditions. But on the other hand these synthetic materials are less eco-friendly.
- Design and color: Little kids always like bright, fancy colored backpacks with cartoons and some comic characters. But to make your child happy you need to bring your child along when you go for shopping. That’s also help you to find what size of back pack suitable on your kid.
What are the bad effects, when you choose wrong size backpack for you kindergarten?
If you choose inappropriate backpack size for your children its produce pain and stress on your child spine. There are many other bad effects if you choose wrong kindergarten backpack size. Others are mention below:
1: Shoulder and Neck pain: One of the biggest problem that occur when children not wearing right size backpack or wear those backpacks using only one strap. This uneven weight distribution causes one side to tilt, straining the neck and shoulder muscles and causing imbalance.
If you want your child not face this kind of problem you need to choose the right size back pack and also padded double shoulder strap that evenly distributed the weight.
2: Rounded shoulder: This problem usually occur when you not measure the width of your kids back correctly and buy an oversized backpack. Oversized backpack round the shoulder of your kid and also increase the chance of falling down.
We hope you find the answer of your question what size backpack for kindergarten Along with that, you can read other factors to consider when buying a backpack with caution as mentioned in this article. This was all about this article. Finally, considering all that is described in this article, you should be able to get the perfect backpack for your child.